Homemade Irish cream liquor is easy to make, deliciously cream, bold in flavor, and nothing short of perfect. This recipe contains six easy to find ingredients and takes only minutes to make. Not to mention, it’s much tastier anything store bought.
Like that? Much tastier, as in, every drop will leave you satisfied! Why is this important? The flavor is never lost when it’s mixed with another item.
This DIY recipe for Irish cream liquor has made it camping and to the mountains for a day of snowboarding. Though enjoying it in front of the wood stove on a cold evening has become a favorite of ours.
Outside of only making it for ourselves, we’ve learned to share our Irish cream with family and friends. Cause somewhere someone told us it was the right thing to do. It has become the most requested item to gift and bring to gatherings.
Little do these friends of ours know, the recipe for our homemade Irish cream liquor has reached into the homes of many to enjoy.
The perfect dessert sipper…and then some
DIY Irish cream is sweet and cream enough to enjoy as a dessert sipper, though that’s not the option when it comes to serving it. Options, friends, more options on how to enjoy it is important.
It may, or may not, be delicious in our homemade hot chocolate mix. Alright, let me say it, it IS in fact perfect in our hot chocolate mix.
And then of course, it is fabulous in a cup of coffee. However, serving it with ice coffee cubes on a warm summer’s night along with a s’mores fest takes homemade Irish cream liquor to a completely new level. Let’s say, a blissful level.
Easy to Make Homemade Irish Cream Liquor
This DIY Irish cream recipe is shared based on how we love it here on the homestead, however, it can easily be modified.
When it comes to gifting a bottle a small swing top bottle, some twine with a cedar twig and a feather from one of our guinea hens makes this gift a bit sweeter.
I personally think this recipe is perfect as is, though some may consider the recipe to be too sweet. At that point go ahead and add another tablespoon or more of cold coffee to it. Whereas other would say it tastes too boozie (how this is possible, I’m not sure). Feel free to lessen the amount of Irish whiskey. Though, if it’s not boozie enough add more alcohol.
Regardless, this homemade Irish cream recipe will have you making it often. But it’s a keeper so enjoy the heck out of it!
- 1 2/3 cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons Cold Coffee
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Using an immersion blender, or whisk, mix all ingredients
- Bottle Irish cream liquor into swing top or mason jars
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months
- When blending the ingredients it is important to now create foam. The foam causes the Irish cream liquor to break down quicker.
- Bourbon can be used in place of Irish whiskey.
- Melted dark chocolate can replace chocolate syrup.
- To serve gentle swirl the bottle to mix ingredients.
- This is not a shelf stable recipe due to containing dairy and should not be canned.
Enjoy this easy to make Irish cream liquor, there is no need to purchase a store bought item any longer!
Many of our family favorite recipes can be found in our book, The Farm Girl’s Guide to Preserving the Harvest, grab a copy here!