Winter meals are designed to be hearty, generally consisting of soup and stew recipes. These warming foods do just that, warm you from the inside out, and they are extremely delicious to boot. Give these 25 easy comfort food recipes a try, you’ll not regret it.
As the days grow shorter, and the nights get colder there is nothing better than lighting up the wood stove and curling up with a good book. Or, if you’re anything like me, it’s not a book you’ll curl up with, but instead seed and poultry catalogs.
Eh, I’m a homesteader, this is what life is about.
I’ts during this time of the year that our bodies crave heartier meals, warming foods which will warm us from the inside. And in truth, what’s better than easy comfort food recipes? Recipes containing real ingredients from the pantry. Recipes which will have your family wanting more.
Because many soups and stews contain the same base ingredients, there are a few items to always have on hand for cooking:
- bone broth
- heavy cream
Easy Comfort Food Recipes
By the end of summer our bodies naturally crave stew and winter soup recipes. And in truth it does not take much effort to put together a quick dish.
Because I have such a great network of homesteading friends, I am able to share such a broad range of soup and stew recipes with you. And also a few must have food items to go with them.
- Creamy potato soup with bacon
- Cheesy cream of broccoli soup with bacon
- Potato cabbage soup with bone broth
- Carrot and ginger soup
- Olive Garden style chicken and gnocchi soup
- Real homemade cream of mushroom soup
- Easy lentil soup recipe
- Creamy ham and potato soup
- Cheese soup in homemade bread
- Easy homemade cream of chicken soup
- Authentic tom kha gai (Thai coconut chicken soup)
- Sausage and potato moringa soup
- Five star homemade cream of celery soup
- Garden fresh cauliflower and kale soup with roasted tomatoes
- Finnish salmon soup
Soup and Stew Recipes
Curry recipes are lighter than stews, but they are warming foods nonetheless. Especially when they contain black pepper or spicy red peppers.
A hearty stew on extremely cold nights will often have you full with one bowl. Well, maybe two.
- Italian sausage and eggplant stew with kale
- Icelandic fish stew
- Hearty homestead slow cooker chili
- Black pepper beef curry
- Easy vegetable stew (using items you already have)
- Harvest meal: Creamy corn chowder
- How to make bone broth the easy way
- Chicken chili
Easy Comfort Food Recipes
Okay, the next three recipes aren’t technically soups or stews, but they do contain cheese. Which means, they count in my book. Also, homemade egg noodles partners with anything and will help fill the belly.
Warming foods, wood stove, comfy blankets, and fuzzy slippers, this is what winter is all about.