Skip to content
Clear Jel Canning Starch
- 1.25 Lb Container of Premium Cook Type Clear Jell
- Clearjel (Cook Type) is a form cornstarch used by many commercial bakers in fruit pie fillings.
- This cornstarch works well with acidic ingredients and tolerates high temperatures.
- Use Clearjel if you’re canning homemade pie fillings, since it doesn’t begin thickening until the liquid begins to cool.
- General Directions: Use 1/4 cup clearjel to 1 quart of liquid. Bring liquid to a boil before adding clearjel. Do not over boil as this will cause the starch to break down, thinning out your product.