Corned Beef Brisket from Scratch | Nitrate Free Recipe
Nothing compares to a homemade corned beef brisket. The nitrate free recipe allows for clean eating with natural herbs, spices, and sweeteners. In 7 to 10 days, you will have one of the best from scratch briskets around!
- 1 gallon Water see notes
- 1 1/2 cups Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Cinnamon broken
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorn
- 2 pinches whole Cloves roughly 8-10
- 1 tbsp whole All Spice Berries
- 1 tbsp Juniper Berries optional
- 3 Bay Leaves torn of fresh
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds optional
- Beef Brisket 4 to 6 pounds
Add all ingredients but the brisket to a stainless steel pot
Heat over medium heat until the sugar and salt fully dissolve
Allow to cool to room temperature, add beef brisket
Cover pot and place into refrigerator, allow to brine up to 7 days but do not exceed 10 days
- Sugars can consist of brown sugar, honey, even coconut palm sugar. Feel free to mix the type of sugars suggested. Equal parts brown sugar to honey crate a delicious outcome.
- The best water to use for curing meats is spring water. City water contains chlorine and often fluoride.
- Do not allow beef brisket to brine longer than 10 days. Doing so may cause the meat to become extremely salty.