Raspberry Jalapeno Jam
Raspberry jalapeno jam is for the individual who loves a marriage of sweet and spicy. Serve this delightful treat with good cheese and homemade crackers.
Servings: 7 1/2-pints
1/2 pint Mason jars
Steam Canner or Hot Water Bath Canner
Air Bubble Remover
large non-reactive pot, stainless steel or enamel dutch oven
wooden spoon, or silicone spatula
- 6 cups fresh Raspberries
- 1 whole fresh Jalapeno Pepper sliced and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup bottled Lemon juice
- 7 cups organic granulated Sugar
- 1 1.75 oz box Pomona's pectin, or pectin powder
In a heavy-bottom saucepan, add the raspberries, jalapeno peppers, and lemon juice.
Bring the mixture to a full boil (roughly 5 to 10 minutes). Add pectin. Stir continually until the pectin is fully dissolved.
Add sugar and return to full boil (roughly 1 to 2 minutes), continually stirring the jam until sugar has fully dissolved.
Skim and discard any excess foam.
Ladle jam into clean, warm 1/2 pint jars.
Add lids and rings, process jars in a hot water bath or steam canner for 10 minutes. Adjust the processing time for altitudes above 1,001 feet in elevation.
- Adjust the amount of jalapeno peppers as needed.
- A sugar free pectin may be used for this recipe.
- Fresh or frozen raspberries may be used.