I love the adult version of a great Irish Cream spirit…love it. There is no other way to say it. I enjoy a splash of it in my coffee every now and then, and have taken it camping, snowboarding, enjoyed it on cold winter days and with our after dinner coffee….you name it, it tends always present in our household.
As homesteaders we try our best to make mock, cheaper, version of anything. The reason is to save some money, and the flavor you can achieve in making your own is a million times better than what you will ever purchase. Plus, you know every ingredient that goes into it.
Well, we did it! We have succeeded in making an amazing knock off to the adult version of a famous Irish Cream that you all know. We, along with many others who have tried this recipe, feel that this is definitely the most full flavor Irish Cream you will ever try.
The ingredient list is very simple, containing only 6 items, and you may have everything you need in your pantry.
Making a homemade adult irish cream will only take 10 minutes of your time, and it can be stored in any bottle you wish. We like to store the blend in both swing top bottles and mason jars, but for gifting purposes we like the simplicity of mason jars.
Before you read any further I want to say that many have questioned the measurements of the ingredients, but I would suggest that you give it a try based on what’s provided. If at that point you do not like our recipe feel free to modified to fit your taste, it’s a recipe for goodness sake, not rocket science!
One other important factor, our irish cream contains bold in flavor, there is no hiding the fact that it contains whiskey. If you were to compare a name brand irish cream to our homemade creation, there is a huge difference. Let me put it this way….Justin’s first sip had him hooked and that says a LOT. Now refuses all versions other than our own.
I hope (actually I know) you enjoy it, and remember to gift it; I have yet to have anyone turn down our cream liquor as a gift!
How to Make Homemade Irish Cream Liquor
- Start with 1 2/3 cup of good Irish whiskey. Some like Bourbon, but we’re a whiskey kinda family
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream aka heavy whipping cream.
- Use a whole 14 oz can of condensed milk.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of Hershey’s Chocolate syrup; you can also melt and use dark chocolate.
- Next, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of COLD coffee. Please note, the coffee will need to be cold in order to keep the proof of the whiskey.
- We use an immersion blender to mix all ingredients together. Do not blend it to long, you do not want any foam, you simply want to MIX the ingredients together.
This is NOT a canning recipe, and will need to be stored in the refrigerator. The good thing about this recipe? It will keep for roughly 2 months, not saying it’s going to last that long. Make sure to give your jar a good shake prior to serving and have it on ice or any way you wish….Cheers!